Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Kitchen Makeover ~ Reveal

Our kitchen makeover went quite well.  I couldn't be happier with the products we used and the turn out.  Here are a couple of before photos.  As you can see we needed an update.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Here is a close up of the counters. I was so sick of that green.

Photobucket


Close up of the cabinets.  It wasn't long ago I loved that wall color.
Boy did it get old fast though. 

Here is what we did:

Painted the cabinets with Glidden 2 in one Paint + Primer
Interior Semi Gloss "black" paint
It took one gallon to do all of our cabinets, and we put up new plywood around the bar and painted that too. 


Photobucket

Painted the kitchen walls Persian Sea Pearl (light grey)
again using Glidden paint

Painted the Counter tops using Giani Granite Counter Top paint
you can read my review  if you missed it. 


Photobucket


Photobucket

Love them!

After much decision we went with Fasade Back Splash

We replaced the old stainless steel sink with a white deeper sink and I love it.
New faucet and hardware.  OK and does anyone agree the hardware is a bit pricey.
The first knobs I chose were $8.95 each. Ouch.  Needless to say we did not go with those since we need 31.  

Here it FINALLY is

Photobucket


We still need a new stove to match the new dishwasher.
No worries its on the list =)


Photobucket


Photobucket

Are you working on a home improvement project? Leave me a comment and tell me about it. 
Our next project is the Garden and Yard.  Our porch is in need of some serious LOVE
Pin It