Saturday, March 3, 2012

The House of the Scorpion ~ Nancy Farmer

The House of the ScorpionThe House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Nancy Farmer had an interesting plot to share when she wrote House of the Scorpion. Matteo Alacran was not born he was harvested. Now if you are like me you said "Do What?" Matteo grew inside a cow, to someone who does not know what he is he is a boy. To the many people in his world everyday he is a clone, a beast. Except for El Patron' he loves Matteo or that's what Matteo imagines? El Patron is quite the character who has had Matteo created in his image. Given him the Best education, the most wonderful life and he expects what in return?

The twist and turns show that Nancy Farmer has quite an imagination . Not my favorite book, but definitely not a bad read.


disclosure:  I did not receive any compensation for this book.  I read it because I wanted to.