Thursday, March 22, 2012

Receiving A Good Education and Positive Experience is Important

As a mom I know often think about the schools my children attend or will attend.  Receiving a good education and having a good experience in school are both so important.

My youngest is not yet in preschool and I want him to have a wonderful learning experience.  He is a bit more rambunctious than my first two so of course I worry.  What should I look for in a good preschool? has a great list of 10 things to look for in a preschool .  For me I want to make sure that my child is learning through play.  I don't want a school that gives him worksheets and coloring sheets all day.  I want him to be exposed to various learning materials, surroundings and experiences.  I want him to be in a classroom that fits his needs and has individual teacher assistance and learning as well as group learning.  

I know that there will be times my child may have trouble in school.  Possibly in reading or maybe in math? Maybe another subject all together, maybe no troubles at all.   Many children stumble in one subject or another and need some extra help or intervention along the way.  Some schools are using Dreambox as a  math response to intervention programs.  Teachers are able to use Dreambox in large , and small group and on a one to one level.  Helping children to excel in math.

Whatever the program being taught or offered.  I want to know  that my child's school is using everything at their disposal to help him be successful.  To give my child a positive experience, and to help him grow into a well rounded student.

Disclosure:  This post was sponsored by Dreambox.  All opinions shared are 100% my own opinions.