Thursday, February 23, 2012

Rainy Day Sensory Play

Sometimes, on a rainy day we need something different.  Something, to challenge our mind to play and have fun even though we're stuck indoors.  Sometimes, it is time for Mom to use her  imagination, and find just the perfect play time activity for this rainy day.

It has been raining on and off the last week or so here.  Can you say Spring is in the air?  This is how we filled one rainy afternoon here at the Zoo.

I brought the sand and water table inside.  I really should have cleaned it up, but we were ready to play.

I added a bag of popcorn .  Then gave him some plastic cups, spoons and containers and his very favorite thing my sifter.

This kept him busy on and off for HOURS...I know really.

He added Cars and Trucks and drove them around and around the table.

We scooped, we poured, we dug, we sifted, we drove cars , we threw corn, we picked up corn , we played.  No boredom at the Zoo on this rainy day.

Now I need an idea for our next rainy day activity.  Suggestions welcome leave me a comment below !

Pin It

Today we are linking up at:

It's Playtime at hands on : as we grow