Monday, February 6, 2012

Paper Bag Heart Gifts a Valentine's Day Activity For Kids


We're Participating in the Paper Bag Challenge At
Photobucket


When I read about this challenge my mind went right to what I wanted to make.  

Valentine Hearts that hold candy...I mean it is almost Valentine's Day!  I wanted to make a fun  Valentine Craft for kids

Super Easy too!

This is what we used  : 


paper lunch bags
paint
scissors
hole punch
ribbon 
candy (we used cherry m &m's)

Here is what we did to make this Valentine's Day Project:


Photobucket
First, I let my boy paint the bags!


Photobucket
Then I cut the bags into heart shapes.  Mr. Man
really enjoyed practicing his cutting skills here too.

Photobucket
Next, use a hole punch and punch holes around the hearts.
My guy enjoyed trying to punch the ribbon (so silly!)


Photobucket
Next thread your ribbon through the holes.
We had fun with this I'd help him push and then he'd pull it through!

When you have it laced all the way around except at the top hole you can add your candy.  We used M &M's.

Photobucket
Aren't they cute and ready to give!

You can add names to the middle if you'd like.
We chose not to.

Photobucket

I really like the plain bag ones!  I think these would be super cool with an initial sticker
or painted on in the middle!


Photobucket


Photobucket

We had fun and I hope you will too.  Can't wait to see all of the different things we
can do with paper bags.





Following are some of the blogs that are participating in this challenge:

You can Join the challenge too!  Link up your paper bag post.  The photo you use in linky will be added to Pinterest board.  Visit TinkerLab for all of the challenge details.