Friday, February 10, 2012

Fitness Friday

Living at the Whiteheads zoo

I'm down 4 lbs this week. Yah, that's something to celebrate. OK I'm celebrating anyway.  Plus the sweat sister (exercise buddy) and I reached a goal point this week.  Hooray for us!  It's the little things in life right?  

We finally found a schedule that's working for us.  What did my  SS go and do?  Get a new job and a new schedule.  Ohhh....seriously I am happy for her and it will only affect our work out schedule for two weeks.  We can totally make that work , right?  

Smoothies...calling for your favorite smoothie recipes.  I made berry smoothies this week for an after school snack.  My three year old gives them a high five .  I've never really gotten into the smoothie thing so if you have a great recipe share it with me pretty please.  I'd be happy to feature your smoothie here at the zoo. Message me or leave a comment.

Baseball Season is starting in full swing.  We have two games this week (yay from the baseball mama).  How do you keep your family eating healthy when on the run?  I use the crock pot a lot but I must confess we grab fast food quite a bit also.  Eating healthy when eating out is a challenge for me.  Such temptation, but even more so would be to get the family to make healthier choices when out and about.  

Tonight we're headed to the Link 2 Pink Gators Vs LSU gymnastics meet. Lots of fun should be happening there.  I'm excited to see these girls compete they are so amazing to me.  

I'm looking for a great beginning runner App do you have any suggestions for me?  I'm currently checking out  Couch to 5K.    If you've used it let me know how it worked for you.  I'd love to hear your story.  

Some Inspiration for the week.  Have a lovely weekend. 
Do something to get yourself moving this weekend!