Monday, January 16, 2012

Menu Plan Monday

Photobucket



Some of you may have followed me from Whitehead's Monthly Menu. I've decided to quit posting there and share my menus here.

If you are new to my menu plan here is my system.  I make my menu by the month.   I grocery shop twice monthly, and then make mini stops for things like milk and produce as needed.  This is what works for us.  If something does not sound good the night I have it listed no worries I just swap it with something else.  I am usually pretty flexible when it comes to the kitchen.  I also have a houseful of picky eaters.  A husband who would be completely happy with the same handful of  foods and nothing more.  So, if you wonder why many things repeat that would be the answer.

Also, things about me.  I  love love my crock-pot.  That would be my favorite way to cook because you can forget about it.  I am also a big fan of freezer meals and I play with once a month cooking occasionally.

If you have a weekly, biweekly or monthly menu link up .  I love to find new ideas!
Or if you just have something to share leave me a comment!



If you Visit you can find my previous 2011 monthly menus.

January 2012

1. Black eyed peas, ham and rice, cornbread
2.  Chicken and Rice, Mac n cheese, broccoli
3.  Leftover baked ham sandwiches 
4.  Crock pot pot roast with veggies, rice, green beans
5.  BBQ Chicken, sauteed onions, Hash brown casserole
6.  Spaghetti (homemade sauce) side salads
7.  Leftover BBQ Chicken Salad
8.  Lasagna (use leftover sauce from 6th) side salad
9. Crock pot Pot roast (frozen leftover from 4th) over rice , veggie
10. Baked chicken, steamed broccoli, and salad
11.  Janey Baked potatoes
12.  Fajitas
13.  Homemade pizzas
14.  Breakfast
15.  Grilled pork chops , baked potatoes
16.  Grilled Cheese and tomato soup
17.  Crock pot Stew, rice and corn bread muffins
18.  Taco Salad 
19.  Hamburger Vegetable Soup (crock-pot), bread machine wheat bread
20.  Pulled Pork, Fried Potatoes and mac n cheese (special request for my baseball player)
21.   LO pork sandwiches and Cole slaw
22.  Honey Lime Grilled chicken (NEW) corn and fruit salad
23.  Monday Taco Bake (new recipe )
24.  chili
25.  homemade spaghetti sauce
26.  Taco soup (new)
27.  Baked Ziti/use leftover sauce & salad
28.  Mesquite country style ribs , Cole slaw, baked beans
29.  Meatloaf, mashed potatoes & vegetable
30.  Crock-pot Pork Fajitas (NEW)
31.  copy Kat chick fil-a nuggets, waffle fries (frozen) and fruit salad

Desserts: Birthday Cake 1/4, 1/9  Banana Pudding Pie,  brownies