Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Memorable Messy Momments...get ready to laugh out loud

Spending time with friends and family can lead to fun and memorable moments, but also some very messy ones. Tell us about the messiest moments that you’ll always remember!

I could probably be a poster girl for messy moments.  One year after an annual cookie party for friends and family I cleaned up the mess .  Sticking two of the large plastic cupcake carriers full of cookies in my oven to keep until later.  Well oops I totally forgot them and preheated the oven a day or so later. After a bit I smelled this horrid smell and opened to my oven to smoke and flames.  I screamed at first.  I had  completely melted the cupcake containers in my oven.  Talk about a stinking mess.  Boy was my hubs not happy with me.  I thought I was going to have to buy a new oven at first.  You would think I would have learned a lesson from this story.  I am still all of the time sticking things in the oven and forgetting about them. 

I have over flowed the washing machine countless times only to wake up or walk into a flood of water.  Not fun!

One time I left the dog out of the crate, he pulled every single thing out of my pantry and drug it all over the kitchen.  Talk about mess.  Just imagine big white flour paw prints all over the place.  Cereal and chips strewn about.  You might just want to sit down and cry.  I know I did.  You can not imagine how completely that dog emptied out my pantry.  What a surprise I had when I got home from work. 

I exploded an entire strawberry pie , not quite sure what I did wrong but it looked like a strawberry bomb went off.  Can you say sticky mess.  I have since sworn off ever making another strawberry pie even though I love them so.   Just imagine red sticky goo dripping from the appliances, ceiling and your hair. OH my. 

One time when grocery shopping with my grandmother I over turned her shopping cart in the parking lot.  Canned goods rolled everywhere .  Can you imagine.  I often think of this moment because my Granny just sat down on the curb and laughed with me.  We laughed until we cried, I mean what else could you do?  I think I'd have been screaming if those were my groceries. 

Finally, and this one is pretty recent.  I took the electric George Foreman grill to a hotel with us trying to save money.   It never crossed my mind that it would set the smoke alarm off.  You should have seen us freaking out when we did. UH OH.  Needless to say we will be eating out from now on when traveling.  It seemed like a good idea at the time.  My Mom says I remind her of Lucy.

I have always been gifted at making a mess.  Do you have a messy story? 

I received information about Clorox’s Bleach It Away campaign and am sharing my messy moment for the chance to win prizes from The SITS Girls. To learn more about the messy moment program, check out www.BleachItAway.com. Sharing your story on the Clorox fan page gets you entered for the chance to win $25,000 and daily prizes, and you can grab a coupon for Clorox® Regular Bleach.