Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sock Monkey Baby Shower

Hi there!  I’m Mariah from Giggles Galore where I share my passion for sewing, crafts, and parties.

Photobucket

I'm excited to be here at the Zoo sharing my Sock Monkey baby shower.



A few months ago my sister "hired" me (aka, she begged me for my help) to help her throw a baby shower for a dear friend.  She gave me complete creative licences and only asked that we try to incorporate the nursery theme, sock monkey's.  I have a sweet spot for sock monkey's, that is what I decorated my twins nursery in, so of course I said yes! 

I used a brown and red color palette with touches of baby blue.  I incorporated polka dots and stripes to keep it playful.  In addition to the sock monkey's I wanted everything to have a vintage feel, so I added touches of vintage toys.


The invitation and party printables were from Paper and Pigtails.  Kori customized her vintage toy package to coordinate with my party and color scheme perfectly.
  
The food table was full of yummy goodies that were easy to make and accented with vintage toys.

There were plenty of sweets for guest to enjoy.  I dressed up store bought cupcakes with pretty liners and custom cupcake toppers.  One of my party splurges was for the darling sock monkey cake pops and the cookies, aren't they darling?!




Guest were asked to leave well wishes and advice for the mommy-to-be

I made a banner using my Cricut and onesies


After we showered the mom to be with gifts galore, everyone went home with Monkey Munchies and Treats to Go

It was a fun party, perfect for a sweet little monkey!


Party Sources:
Invitations and Printables - Paper & Pigtails
Socky Monkey Cookies - TS Cookies
Sock Monkey Cake Pops - Mom's Killer Cakes

A Big Thank You to Mariah from us at the Zoo.  I Love Love your sock monkey baby shower!  Thank you so much for sharing your creativity here at the Zoo .  Be sure and stop by Giggles Galore and show Mariah some Zoo Love.