Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Toddler Talk Thursday



This weeks topic:
Dropping Your Children off at Daycare: Tips and Advice from Lil’ Bit of Us

We are linking up with our hosts Family and Life in Las Vegas, Crazy about my Baybah, and My Life as a Sippy Cup Mom talk all things TODDLER!!
** If you want to follow this on twitter – or plan on tweeting your post – please use hashtag: #letstalktoddler **

I really have not had to deal with this in many years.  Right now my toddler is at home with me.  I am not sure how things will go when I drop him off in daycare. 
I imagine lots of tears for us both. 

I was always worried when my older children headed off to school.  I pictured disaster really.  However, they were well behaved and happy to be there.  They really never were that sad for Mom to leave them, happy to be around their peers and explore their new environment.  I think you just have to prepare your child for what is going to happen.  Talk to them in advance and let them know that Mom will be leaving but they are going to have lots of friends , learn new things and have so much fun.  Talk it up and make a big deal about it, get your child excited!  And let them know Mom will always be back to get them at the end of her day.  This is important if a child is worried about you leaving them.  Possibly do a couple of half day practice runs in advance to get your child use to you leaving for a bit of time, and use to their new environment. Ask your child about their day every afternoon when you pick them up and let them know how much you like their art projects and other things they bring home.  Let them know your excited to learn what they did at school or daycare today!

New topic: What to do when your toddler is being a meanie on the playground.


Link Up Suggestions:
1. We ask that you follow all three hosts Family and Life in Las Vegas, Crazy about my Baybah, and My Life as a Sippy Cup Mom.That way you can keep up to date on future Toddler Talks.
2. Please grab the Toddler Talk Button and display it in your post or on your blog.
3. Stop in to other blogs that are linking up.Leave a meaningful comment if you visit, and follow if you would like.
4. If you want to post the link up on your blog – please do! Maybe we can draw in more people to participate and share tips!!
get the InLinkz code
 
 
This link up is for families that have toddlers.Raising a toddler can be fun, crazy, exciting, and exhausting.Sharing what works for you could give other families another way to do things.