Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Painting at the Zoo

Photobucket

CHALK paint

This began with some rain.  I planned on taking my guy outside to the patio and letting him play with sidewalk chalk and as it got wet paint.  A scheduling conflict occured and he wanted to paint.  So, I hammered the chalk into fine pieces, added hot water and made chalk paint. 

Then some sponges, and a pieces of paper and he was all set for indoor chalk painting instead.  I think the pastel colors are kind of pretty  myself.


HOMEMADE FINGER PAINT

Photobucket
STEP ONE MIX INGRREDIENTS


Photobucket
Step 2 : bring to a boil until you reach pudding like consistency


Photobucket
Step 3 add to containers and then mix your colors


Photobucket
Step 4: Mix your colors aren't they fabulous.
Let them Cool and you are ready to Paint.


Paint Recipe
I got this recipe from the following blogs ~easie peasie Blog & our best bites blog and I pinned it from Hands on As We  Grow .


3 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c corn starch
2 c water
Combine ingredients and warm until it thickens.  Pour into containers and add colors.

Photobucket
Beware you may end up with stained hands . It
washes off eventually!

Photobucket