C needed something to keep him busy , away from a TV and freshly engaged for a bit. Not to mention INSIDE with the air on high. Boy is it hot. I through together this activity in our sand / water table. It worked well.
.As you can see it is an assortment of this and that.
It did the trick and kept him engaged and playing for a bit.
What's in our Bin?
- poms poms
- 2 different pastas, ziti tubed pasta and rotini multi grain to add some color
- Styrofoam circle
- various containers (bowls, Parmesan cheese shaker, koolaid container)
- egg carton
- pipe cleaners
- tongs, can holder,
- plastic rings
Things we did
- sorted pom poms and objects into the egg carton
- scooped, and grabbed and placed objects in the container
- put pasta in shaker and containers and shook them to hear the sound
- put tube pasta on straws
- removed the straws and tried feathers stuck them in the Styrofoam
- threading the rings onto the straws and feathers (he liked the rings better than the pasta they were easier)
- stuck pipe cleaners in the Parmesan can
- made a pasta bracelet (with moms help threading pasta on pipe cleaner and tying it)
- looked for shapes and colors
- counted objects
We also made a sensory balloon. C got really mad at me. I filled the balloon with rice. He was really aggravated that the balloon was heavier and didn't float. He would throw it and drop it.
Linking up at ~