Friday, June 10, 2011

5Q Friday June 10

 
1. How close to your childhood dreams is your life now?

 
2. What is one must have item for the summer?

 
3. Do you have your kids stay up on school stuff during summer vacation? (Or, if you don't have kiddos, did your parents make you keep up on school stuff during summer?)

 
4. Do you can or freeze fresh produce?

 
5. Do you get ready for the day first thing in the morning?
 
My answers
 

1. How close to your childhood dreams is your life now?
That is interesting.  Let's see I have had so many dreams come and go.  I always wanted to be a mom , so that dream has been fulfilled.  I wanted to be a Princess , hmm that one didn't seem to happen. Unless you consider being a housewife a princess?  A Doctor yep didn't quite make it there either. 
2.  One must have item for the summer?  Air conditioning
3.  Do you have your kids stay up on school stuff during summer vacation?  Well, my daughter is taking a few classes over the summer.  That, was her idea her choice not mine.  She likes it.  My son desperately needs the break.  No, I don't make them study during the summer.  They both like to read, so I make sure that have plenty to read during the summer of what they want to read.  We go places, that might be educational and might not .  But mostly I let them chill, have fun and enjoy being kids.  If there is an area they are struggling with or need extra help before the next school year, then yes we will work on that.
4.  Do you can or freeze fresh produce?  I occasionally do both. Mostly freeze.
5.  Do you get ready for the day first thing in the morning?  Really, it depends on what I have going on in my life.  When I worked I wanted everything nice, organized and ready the night before.  Now, that I am a SAHM my morning routine has slowed way down since I am not rushing like a mad lady out the door.  Now, its in the morning. 
Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post. Have Fun and Link UP