Monday, May 30, 2011

5 A Day Book Challenge

5 a day books5A Day Books...Where have I been.  I just stumbled across this challenge this weekend and I must say I am super excited to try it out with C.  We did not get a start on it today :( busy with the fun holiday =) and family time.  I can't wait until tomorrow to begin.  I picked 5 fun books that I hope he will enjoy tonight.  They have not been in his main library so will be new to him, so we will see.  I am really looking forward to browsing every ones post and finding some new selections at the library.  Loving the pirate theme I just saw over at The Imagination Tree.

Here are my 5 already on the shelf for C to find.

Mouse Mess by Linnea Riley This little book has been around my house for ten years or more.  It use to be a favorite of my older son K.  The pictures are bold and bright.   A mouse perspective of the counter top and then he eats, bathes, run, and plays in one kitchen to make one big Mouse Mess during the night.



Snappy Little Bugs
Rhyming Text and big bold pop ups.  I hope he will not just tear up the pop ups and will sit and LISTEN ...?




Spot Goes to the Beach by Eric Hill

Personally I have never been a huge fan of Spot.  My older kids always loved him.  This would be another hand me down from them .  I figured C might enjoy this one since we have just recently been to the beach.  He is all about playing in the water these days so we will see.  Plus this is a short one! 

We haven't done these in a while.  I have the CD somewhere, but not sure I can find it.  Knowing me NOT.  I figured we could just sing them together though he does really well with songs if repeated enough. So, maybe we will learn a new song this week? 

*The Wheels on the bus, Round and Round the Garden, Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear Turn Around, Row Row Your Boat, Five Little Ducks, Where is Thumbkind, Itsy Bitsy Spider, The Elephant walks like this like that,&  5 little monkeys

Driving my Tractor By Jane Dobbins and David Sim ~ I am willing to bed this will be one of C's favorites this week.  He loves tractors.  This one has the CD with it too , so we may try that out.  Last time we tried a CD it did not go so well. 
A farmer drives his tractor down a bumpy road through seasons loading 1 cow, 2 donkeys etc. When the tractor hits a stone, and all of the animals escape.  Rhyming Text, Fun sounds & Refrain .