Friday, April 8, 2011

Unsinkable by: Abby Sunderland and Lynn Vincent

Recently, I received the book Unsinkable written by Abby Sunderland and Lynn Vincent. 
The book is based on Abby's true life adventure at sea.  Unsinkable is about an amazing young lady who sets the goal to sail around the world when she is 13 years old.  At 16 she heads out to do just that.  Abby Sunderland tells her courageous story in a way that wins your heart.

 Many judged her parents for allowing her to do this journey.  I must say I recall hearing this story on the news and saying to my husband why would a parent allow this?  Crazy!  After reading the book you obtain a clearer picture of the family, Abby's dreams and see that she is a very capable young lady and her parents did everything other than keeping her home to keep her safe.  Her boat was geared with state of the art of the equipment.

  The stories from Abby's sea adventure are amazing.  You wonder how a person so young could live through such horrendous  conditions at sea.  How someone so young could keep their head in the game.   You see that Abby is truly touched by the Grace of God.  I actually,  had the book at the ball field tonight reading pregame and it made me tear up seriously.  This little girl went through a lot as she was out there and it made her grow up well beyond her years I am sure.   Just being alone for that many days and staying sane is remarkable.  Keeping her head on in terrifying conditions is outstanding and exemplifies her wonderful training from home.  Unsinkable renews your faith , as it talks about the power of prayer.  Someone upstairs was definitely looking out for Abby on this trip.  I usually do not pick up nonfiction, but I really did enjoy this one. 
Abby's Blog
The official website of Abby Sunderland

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://booksneeze®.com/> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”