Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Little of This and A Little of That #3

What have we been up to this week?  It has been really a very long week for me for some reason.  Definitely has had its moments some good and some not so great but that's OK. 

Here are some highlights.

We made soap crayons.  Um yes this would be listed under craft disasters maybe I'll start such a section.  They looked really cute so I was very excited.  Once in the bath tub they did not color really at all , and basically fell into soap blobs. YUCK!

Here are some pictures of our messy soap.  It dried hard so I really thought it would work.  I was bummed.

We also tried our hand at making kool aid water paint.  Another craft gone wrong.  Oh, well all you can do is try right.

We made turtle cupcakes, these turned out pretty tasty and cute.  You can at least tell what they are suppose to be anyway.   You can stop by and get the how to at Whitehead's Monthly Menu.

We visited an old train and train tracks and C was in heaven.  He choo chooed and chugged and played and climbed, threw rocks.  A great morning and his mommy got some great pictures.  We both left happy campers.

Of course I already shared our Easter craft play date which was a lot of fun.  If you haven't seen it you should check out the post.

Lost all of our baseball tournaments this week, and that is the end of the season for the middle school team.  K is on restriction from grades so we are on a ball break for a bit anyway. 

Oh, and I highly recommend trying the crayon Easter eggs Family Fun shared in their magazine.  They are great.  Boil your eggs, and when you take them out and they are still hot decorate them with crayons.  The wax melts on them and you can come up with some really cool designs. Here are a couple of our crayon eggs.  I can't wait to redo these with my daughter she will Love it.  I did these 2 the day I was boiling eggs for our play date.

We painted with race cars and jelly beans.  The car painting was big success and I will be posting a post this week.  The jelly beans so so it was cute.  My little Mister has decided he is an artist.  The markers and paint pens are now much higher and the crayons in a locked cabinet.  He decorates whatever he sees without a 2nd thought.  Thank goodness Crayola is washable !   Mr. Clean Eraser will be broke out shortly.

Picked up C a cute little picnic table at a yard sale.  It was pink and pretty icky though so I painted it with chalkboard paint.  I'm pretty happy with the turn out.  It was not perfect by any means, but it is working well for the toy room which is what I wanted

Here it is all finished.

What about you guys have you had any great finds here lately?

My new book shelves are finally completed and up, will post a picture this week.  I think I am going to be happy with them.  I had a hard time picking out a spot to put them after we built them.  They were ideal in the picture but then I could not find that perfect spot.  I wanted them somewhere C would not fall on them, but somewhere he would see them and get use out of them.  So, we'll see how they work out. 

We took a nice nature walk and C loved it and minded so well.  I should definitely try that again soon.  We didn't see much nature a wood pecker, squirrel and rabbit passed us by.  We did happen upon Papa and Big Brother just finishing up a surprise fort /swing set at Papa and Nana's house.  Boy was he happy with that.  They did such a good job I see lots of fun times here.

Lastly, I finally tackled the cabinets and organized that mess.  Whoop Whoop! 

This is a little of this and a little bit of that going on around here this week.  Thanks for joining us. 

OH, and BIG news we have a NEW giveaway coming soon! YAY! 

Sunday HOPS:
Here's where we are linking up this Sunday...