Saturday, April 23, 2011

Front Facing Picture Book Shelves

Finally, my new picture book shelves are finished and I Love them.  Thanks so much for the how to from Helping Little Hands that was the inspiration and showed us exactly what to do.  Easy enough I was able to print out the directions and tell my husband I want these and to my delight he said OK.  A shopping trip to Home Depot and the task began for the perfect shelves.


                                                                         Our shelves!





C's little book corner. Love them!
My daughter wants some for her room now! 

Shelf Success

Supplies You Will Need:
  • (2) 1''x2''x8 foot board
  • (2) 1''x4''x8 foot board
  • (2) 1''x6''x8 foot board
  • wood glue
  • screws or nails--We used 1 1/4 inch screws (about 50) for assembling the shelves and 2 1/2 inch screws (about 15) for mounting the shelves to the wall through the studs)
  • Sand paper and/or electric sander
  • Paint or stain
  • Wood filler/calk optional