Thursday, March 17, 2011

Where do you like to take your family for a day trip?

Where do you like to take your family for a day trip? 

With spring break around the corner, and summer not far behind it is time to start planning some activities for the kiddos.  Gas prices rising many of us will stay close to home.  I know that my own family will be traveling for baseball this summer but other than that we will be making day trips to cut back on costs. 

So, I ask where do you like to go? 

Here are a few of the places we like to go as a family. 

Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens  from my toddler to my teens we all enjoy a day at the zoo.   We do the family pass it pays for itself after just a couple of times .  If you are planning on going more than once a year it is definitely the way to go.  The Dino Alive exhibit is going on from now until June 30th. 

 Ichetucknee Springs State Park The kids love to go tubing with a bunch of friends here.  I'm good as long as I have a boat to go in.  I am not a water bug and I don't like to think of things being in the water with me .  It is all good fun though we float down and enjoy a picnic.  The water always makes everyone HUNGRY. 

St. Augustine, Florida - We usually go and stay a week each summer in St. Augustine.  It is really only about an hour a way from home but we go with my parents and get a house on the beach .  It's nice because you don't have to rush you can just chill by the pool or on the beach.  There is all the touristy things to do and all of the historical things as well.  Plus the beach is the place to go with kids it makes them all happy .

Wild Waters  My kids love anything with a water slide and water involved.  You can get a summer pass for $45.99 plus admission to Silver Springs also.

As you can see we are in Florida so many of our day trips include water.  Can't wait to hear where you guys like to go for the day.

This post was inspired by http://www.socialmoms.com/forum/topic/listForTag?tag=writing+prompt


Like Me Facebook Fridays We are linked up for Facebook Fridays.