Monday, March 28, 2011

What is your favorite thing about Easter?

What is your favorite thing about Easter? 

Holidays represent so many different things for me.  Bringing a piece of my childhood into my own home to share.  Celebrating the reason for the season.  Most of all enjoying the looks on my children's faces as we spend the day together.   Spending time with the extended family and enjoying each others families.

Things that make Easter special to me.

Every year I  love to dye eggs with the kids.  Who doesn't right.  Each and everyone of them no matter how old will take the time to decorate some eggs.  Each of my children will decorate their eggs in a different style or theme.

I love to pick out the perfect outfits and have Easter pictures taken.  Everyone matches and looks so nice.  The perfect dress, the perfect tie, the perfect shoes.   Hopefully, all in one perfect shopping trip.  Not just my family, everyone usually really takes the time to buy their little one a dress, or spiff themselves up a little bit. Then you take the perfect photo.  The photo is special because you usually take one of the entire clan and that doesn't happen every day. 

The hunt I  love watching all of the little ones running around like crazy to find eggs.  Last year my little guy could care less about them I wonder what he will think this year.  The big kids think they are getting to big to hunt eggs, so they take part in the hiding.  The kids hide and re hide the eggs through out the day.  How many times can you hunt one egg?  K loves to throw his eggs and make them go splat.  Ripley loves to eat all of their eggs as quickly as he can gather them up. It is bad when a yellow lab can out egg hung you. 

Easter dinner, oh yes you should know food would make some of my top picks o the list.  Easter ham, and macaroni and cheese and our Easter bunny cake.  I've been making an Easter bunny cake with my granny since I was a little girl.  Yummy, and to top it off getting to enjoy the yumminess with the entire family. 

Easter baskets a joy for me to make.  I make each basket individual based on their likes and dislikes.  I take great pleasure and filling their baskets with treats, and surprises that they will really enjoy.  Not only do I make my 3 kids baskets, I make my husband a basket, my mom, and dear friends, sometimes teachers.  I love Easter baskets.

Our 2010 Easter cake.

Now don't forget the chocolate bunny.  No Easter would be complete without a chocolate bunny.  The kids are so funny.  Do you eat your bunnies head or his feet first? 

These are a few of the things we look forward to about Easter.  I hope your family has many great traditions as well.

Just in time for Easter the  new movie Hop begins in theaters this weekend. " Blending state of the art animation with live action, Hop is a comedy about E.B. (voiced by Russell Brand), the teenage son of the Easter Bunny. On the eve of taking over the family business, E.B. leaves for Hollywood in pursuit of his dream of becoming a drummer.  Once there, he encounters Fred (James Marsden of the X-Men series, Enchanted), recently fired and determined to pull his life together.  Feigning injury, E.B. persuades Fred to take him in, and Fred finds himself living with the world’s worst house guest.   Back on Easter Island, the Easter Bunny’s second in command, an over sized chick named Carlos, seizes E.B.’s disappearance as an opportunity to plot a coup.  Ultimately, Fred and E.B. are Easter’s only hope and they find themselves returning to Easter Island, locked in an epic battle to save the beloved holiday.  The film is helmed by Tim Hill, director of the blockbuster Alvin and the Chipmunks and produced by Chris Meledandri’s Illumination Entertainment (Despicable Me). "

Maybe we will make a new Easter tradition and go to the movies.

I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Hop blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.” (make sure you link to