Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine's Day Cookies

I love baking.  Do all of my baked goods look like Martha Stewart made them? Not really.  However, they usually taste yummy however they may look.  My cake may be a little lopsided or the muffins different sizes.  That's OK right?  I usually end up a mess with flour from head to toe.   I don't know why I am so messy.  But a mess always seems to find me in some form of another. 

One time after a cookie exchange Christmas party I stuck all of the cookie tins in the oven to clear off my counters.  Why? I don't even know.  A day or so later I totally forgot turned on the oven and melted cookie tin/cupcake containers all over.  Talk about a mess.  I thought we were going to have to buy a new oven.  Thank goodness for my husband who is pretty patient with my "I  Lucy Moments".  I have them often. 

Even though I love to bake it is not something I care to do daily.  Hot cookies right out of the oven are something that my family all agree on.  They like them.  Now the kind of cookie that is a different story.  Everyone likes something different.  My husband a peanut butter fan, daughter is a sugar cookie fan, son chocolate chip, and my little guy he likes whatever you put in front of him.  Thank goodness one that is not picky. Luckily you can find all of these varieties in the refrigerated aisle of  your grocery store easy and ready to make.  Yay for Nestle, and Pillsbury!!    Baking these always equals a happy family.  A happy family equals a happy mommy. 

Piece of me is hosting a Nestle Toll house Valentine's Day cookie giveaway *18 hour.  The giveaway will end tomorrow Feb. 10 at 11:30 m.  I love the new Valentine's Day cookies that are descirbed in the giveaway.  They are really cute.  Win or lose I think I will have to try these.   I can not  wait to see the Easter ones. 

Here are some of my favorite Christmas cookie recipes shared at Whitehead's monthly menu.  These of course take more time than just popping them in the oven.  But they do make great treats when you have the time.