Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Toddler Tuesday Sensory and Valentines Fun

I linked up last week to Toddler Tuesday , but I'll be darned if I remember where that was. Here is my toddler Tuesday post.  It is yet another sensory activity but Little C loves it!  Since the weather here is a nice warm 82 we have it on the porch.  Mommy loves that! 

I filled the sand table with green sand, I also wanted to add corn , but we have suddenly began trying to eat everything I put into the sensory bins.  So, I did not put in the corn.  Then scoops, little shovel, animals, barn, tractors = fun fun fun. 

Here are some spray paint hearts we tried out for Valentine's day.  He loved the paint in the spray bottle
but our bottle stopped up and would not work after a few minutes.  I'm going to pick up some more at
the dollar store and give it a try with shamrocks for St. Patrick's Day soon.

spray paint Valentines

I found this great idea the other day at the blog Chalk in My Pocket.
her cards turned out really cute too! 

We also tried the apple chips I mentioned in an earlier post.  Surprisingly enough Little C didn't care for them.  I tossed them out to the birds though and I had birds all over the yard .  They liked them very much. Which was great because my guy loves birds.  I didn't manage to get a picture of those but they are easy if you wanted to try them.  You just slice apples thinly, dip in lemon juice and bake on 250 for at least an hour take out and let crisp up (they will). 

Here is a cute little Valentine's cow we made earlier this month.

Oh he had a good time crafting for Valentine's day.  I can't wait to see what we come up with for March!

We also began gardening this week.  Little C loves to water the plants.  Oh, what an experience.  We planted our flowers and seeds and all went well.  Then my guy threw a fit and dumped our seed pots upside down and we had a MESS.  Fixed and replanted and left them outside for sunshine and Ripley the yellow lab ate them.  This mommy was not to happy. Darn dog.   The flowers that we have planted may not survive the watering this toddler gives them daily.  But he does love them.