Thursday, January 13, 2011

Peppermint Snow Dough

Playdough for Snowmen and Snow flakes Recipe

I don't know about you guys but the cold outside keeps us inside.  I could not wait to make play dough for  my little guy and me to have some serious "snow fun".  This recipe is Awesome and I will definitely be using it to make more colors for my guy.  However, he wasn't overly impressed with the play dough concept.  He wanted to eat it, and when he discovered this was a No well that was that. 

peppermint snow dough P;aydough recipe

You Will Need

1 c. flour
1/2 cup salt
1 T. cooking oil
1 T. cream of tartar
1 c. water
Mix all ingredients in saucepan.  Added 2 Tbsp. silver glitter
Cook on medium heat until starts getting harder and forms a ball consistency.
About 5 minutes.  I dumped it on aluminum foil (I sprayed with Pam) waxed paper
would work well but I was out.  Knead to get a smooth consistency.  I added peppermint extract
at this point.  Oh my goodness it smells so good. No wonder my little man wanted to eat this up.
Should last a couple of weeks if kept in an air tight container or zip lock bag. 

Grab your cookie cutters, hats and carry noses and set out to have some fun.