Sunday, January 30, 2011

Entering the world of Savings

I have been trying to save on the grocery budget FOREVER it seems.  A family of 5 we spend as much actually a little more on food expenses each month than we do on the house payment.  Gosh!  I tried couponing and have failed miserably.  Tried making a menu and that hepls me quite a bit to stay focused when I shop.  I try to post my menus at my other blog each month stop by and see them sometime.  I would love to get some followers . http://whiteheadsmonthlymenu.blogspot.com/ 

Next, thing I have tried was Sams club and I must say Sams has helped me tremendously!  I buy for the month there and save quite a bit with things like diapers, trashbags, toiletpaper & snacks.  Not to mention it keeps me from making a dozen or more trips to Walmart month and buying the many extra things that are not on a list. 

However, I keep following blogs and watching other peoples savings and saying to myself how do they do that?  Free I would like to get Free stuff . Not to mention how fun would it be to go to the store and come out with a whole cart of stuff next to nothing.  But how?  When I clip coupons I go in, come out and have save $4.00 out of $200 so whats the point after you deduct the price of the paper? 

Friday  night I hosted a coupon class given by the lovely couopon teachers .   These ladies taught me that couponing is a whole new mindset.  You have to have a plan.  They shared the couponing lingo and told us different places to find coupons and how to put them to use.  I was so very excited about this new knowledge.  Coupon stacking seems to be one of the keys to success.  They also  shared several deals that were going right then. 

http://www.thecouponteachers.blogspot.com/

So, Saturday morning I got up and went to do some deal shopping.  CVS had some laundry detergent I wanted to get on, but when I went they were out.  I failed here, because I did not get the raincheck.  Something else now learned.  Then Winndixie had pasta for 10/10 deal which makes it $1 a box.  Muellers had a coupon for $1. box making these babies FREE.  I also had coupons from Excederin for 2 bottles of  FREE Extra Strenth Excederin.  So, I was able to come home with 15 boxes of pasta , and 2 bottles of Excederin .  I also purchased a box of fruit loops, and a gallon of milk and my grandtotal was $7.38.  Can You say WhoopWhoop!  I was dancing out of the store ready to come home and print some more coupons. 

Thank you so much coupon teachers.  I can not wait to see where this takes me.


My Freebies! $33.38 SAVED